Assistant Building Official – Building Department
Town of Watertown, CT
The Town of Watertown is accepting applications for a Part-Time Assistant Building Official in the Building Department. This is unionized position based on a 20 hour per week schedule and includes benefits.
Candidates will work under the general direction of the Building Official. The responsibilities are:
- Assist with inspection of buildings during construction for compliance with State of Connecticut’s Building Code
- Examines plans, estimates values of construction cost, computes permit fees, issues permits and certificates of occupancy
- Enforces orders for corrective action to abate violations
- Reads, interprets and explains building codes, ordinances and regulations
- Records inspections
- Investigations and operation activities and writes reports
- Consults with Town officials, contractors and general public on construction matters
- Inspects demolition sites
- Demonstrates a full understanding of all applicable policies, procedures and work methods associated with assigned duties
- Performs other work as required
Qualifications: Must be a State of Connecticut Certified or Licensed Assistant Building Official or a Building Official under the provisions of Section 29-261 of the Connecticut General Statutes or be able to obtain such certification within six months of employment. Must have a valid Connecticut driver’s license or be able to obtain one in sixty (60) days. Must pass a written and oral interview.
Watertown Job Applications can be picked up at the Town Hall or online at www.watertownct.org and should be sent to the Human Resources Department, Town Hall, 61 Echo Lake Rd., Watertown CT 06795. NO PHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED. EOE.