Town Clerk

map icon
61 Echo Lake Road
Watertown, CT 06795
phone icon
Ph: 860.945.5230
Fax: 860.945.2706
clock icon
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 4:30 pm

Veterans Discharge

Veterans who served during War Time may be eligible for a reduction on the assessed value of their property or motor vehicle by recording their DD214 (Discharge Papers) in the Town Clerk’s office. For further information on tax reduction benefits for Veterans, please contact the Assessor's Department.

Certified copies of filed DD-214’s are free to the Veteran; any person who may provide a benefit to, or acquire a benefit for, the veteran or the veteran's estate; the State Librarian; funeral directors; authorized genealogists. C.G.S. 1-219

Duplicate copies of DD-214’s can be obtained by requesting and completing a Standard Form (SF-180), Request Pertaining to Military Records, to the National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records, 9700 Page Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63132-5100.
Link for Lost or Duplicate Military Forms
The form may be obtained by calling the Department of Veteran’s Affairs at (800) 827-1000.

Thank you for your service.

Military Discharge (DD214) Request Form